W28MI - Helper - Router
Job purpose As a member of the mill production team, the Router Helper is responsible to assist with loading, operating, maintaining the router machine. Key Responsibilities Participates in and demonstrates an understanding of safety principles and practices; follows all safety policies and procedures to support a safe working environment and grow our “Safety First Culture”. - Assist in the setup, program, operate, or tend router according to order specifications.
- Examine finished workpieces for smoothness, shape, angle, depth-of-cut, or conformity to specifications and verify dimensions, visually and using hands, rules, calipers, templates, or gauges.
- Counts, stacks and wraps the pieces for distribution. - Examine raw wood stock for defects and to ensure conformity to size and other specification standards. - Monitor operation of machines and adjust/correct problems and ensure conformance to specifications. - Report defective materials or questionable conditions to the department supervisor. - Execute and document quality inspections per SOP.
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follow prescribed safety regulations. - Perform related duties as required or assigned by supervision. Skills and Knowledge Qualifications include: - Understand and follow basic verbal and written instructions. - Effectively communicate information and respond to questions from various levels within the organization. - Possess basic mathematical skills: addition, subtraction, multiplication and division. - Perform basic visual quality inspections on products. - Maintain the production pace of other team members. - Basic Computer Skills. - Utilize power tools and various equipment as needed to perform duties.
- Use of micrometers, height gage, calipers, digital indicators, bore gauges, thread gauges and Go/No-go gauges. - Understanding unit measures of thousands and millimeters.
Education and Experience
- High School or equivalent (Preferred). - Machine Operator: 1 year (Preferred). - Manufacturing: 2 years (Preferred).
- Regular attendance is an essential function of the job..
- Performing duties outside the normally scheduled work hours occasionally occurs and is required. - Due to the open environment of the warehouse, must be able to work in various weather and temperature conditions to include extreme heat, humidity and cold. - The noise level that is typical for this work environment can be loud. Physical requirements - May be required to stand for long periods of time. - May involve some repetitive motions. - Utilize power tools and various equipment as needed to perform duties. - Manual and physical dexterity needed to perform duties of the position. - Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds. - Maintain the production pace of the other team members. - Will engage in frequent bending, stooping, squatting, pushing and pulling of furniture. Direct reports - None
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by team member assigned to this classification. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by team member assigned to this classification.
Team members enjoy access to career training and advancement opportunities, and are rewarded with competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package, which includes:
- Paid time off including vacation days, sick days and holidays
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- Disability benefits
- Stock Purchase Plan
- Team Member purchase discounts
As a potential Woodhaven team member, you will share our purpose and passion for making a real difference in the lives of others and the rewards that come from creating strong personal connections for life. You will be a contributing team member in an environment that embraces challenge and has a strong drive to achieve. We like to set the bar high, roll up our sleeves and work together to out-perform the competition. You will have an opportunity to work for a company that prides itself on recognizing and rewarding top performers.
Woodhaven is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment, celebrates our team members’ differences, and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, pregnancy, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, military duty, gender expression, genetic information, or any other protected class.
Woodhaven is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Job Family WV
- Job Function Woodhaven
- Pay Type Hourly
- Cairo, GA, USA