CAD Technician I - W05RD
As a member of the research and development team, the CAD Technician I will be responsible for preparing detailed working diagrams of upholstery furniture, including dimensions, fastening methods, and other engineering information exclusive to the Woodhaven line.
Key Responsibilities - Participates in and demonstrates an understanding of safety principles and practices; follows all safety policies and procedures to support a safe working environment and grow our “Safety First Culture”.
- Develop detailed design drawings and specifications for upholstery furniture, dies, tools, and controls, using computer-assisted drafting (CAD) equipment.
- Produce three-dimensional models, using computer-aided design (CAD) software. - Lay out and draw schematic, orthographic, or angle views to depict functional relationships of components, assemblies, systems, and machines. - Modify and revise designs to correct operating deficiencies or to reduce production problems.
- Review and analyze specifications, sketches, drawings, ideas, and related data to assess factors affecting component designs and the procedures and instructions to be followed.
- Check dimensions of materials to be used and assign numbers to the materials.
- Compute mathematical formulas to develop and design detailed specifications for components or machinery, using computer-assisted equipment.
- Coordinate with and consult other workers to design, lay out, or detail components and systems and to resolve design or other problems.
- Position instructions and comments onto drawings.
- Supervise and train other drafters, and technicians.
- Lay out, draw, and reproduce illustrations for reference manuals and technical publications to describe operation and maintenance of mechanical systems.
- Draw freehand sketches of designs, trace finished drawings onto designated paper for the reproduction of blueprints, and reproduce working drawings on copy machines.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned by supervision.
Skills and Knowledge Qualifications include: - Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs and email applications.
- Ability to think creatively, focus on details, and a commitment to quality of work.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Strong multi-tasking capabilities.
Education and Experience - High school or equivalent (Required) or equivalent on the job experience as a CAD Technician.
- Auto CAD (Required). - Upholstery: 1 year (Preferred).
- Manufacturing: 1 year (Preferred).
- Regular attendance is an essential function of the job. - Work is primarily indoors, but may require occasional activity in an outdoor environment.
- Performing duties outside the normally scheduled work hours occasionally occurs and is required. - Will be exposed to frequent noise caused by telephones, office machines, and nearby communications.
Physical requirements - Ability to bend, stoop, reach, stand, move from one area of the building to another on a regular basis, sit and use a computer for a long period of time. - Manual and physical dexterity needed to operate a computer keyboard and handle paper documents. - Sufficient near vision acuity to read information appearing on computer display screen, in hand-written forms, and printed on paper. - Adequate hearing and verbal abilities to communicate effectively in person and by telephone.
- Ability to lift and carry items weighing up to 25 pounds.
- None The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by team members assigned to this classification. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by team members assigned to this classification.
Team members enjoy access to career training and advancement opportunities, and are rewarded with competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package, which includes:
- Paid time off including vacation days, sick days and holidays
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- Disability benefits
- Stock Purchase Plan
- Team Member purchase discounts
As a potential Woodhaven team member, you will share our purpose and passion for making a real difference in the lives of others and the rewards that come from creating strong personal connections for life. You will be a contributing team member in an environment that embraces challenge and has a strong drive to achieve. We like to set the bar high, roll up our sleeves and work together to out-perform the competition. You will have an opportunity to work for a company that prides itself on recognizing and rewarding top performers.
Woodhaven is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment, celebrates our team members’ differences, and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, pregnancy, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, military duty, gender expression, genetic information, or any other protected class.
Woodhaven is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Job Family WV
- Job Function Woodhaven
- Pay Type Hourly
- Cairo, GA, USA