Inventory Clerk - Cycle Counter
As a member of the accounting team, the Inventory Clerk will maintain the inventory control system, maintain product data, rectify miscalculations, review and analyze the results.
- Participates in and demonstrates an understanding of safety principles and practices; follows all safety policies and procedures to support a safe working environment and grow our “Safety First Culture”.
- Counts and tracks physical inventory.
- Maintains accurate records of counts and frequency of counts.
- Communicates any variances or inventory discrepancies to management.
- Records inventory counts in the accounting system.
- Investigate and reconcile variances in inventory.
- Ensure accuracy of information in the system and compliance with internal controls.
- Document counts in the system and generate variance reports.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Perform all duties according to company policy and procedures.
- Perform related duties as required or assigned by supervision.
Skills and Knowledge
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent Problem-Solving skills.
- Strong math skills required and must be capable of calculations on calculator and computer.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Multitasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Takes initiative and works well independently.
Education and Experience
- Highschool or equivalent (Required).
- Inventory Clerk: 3 years (Preferred).
- Warehouse: 2 years (Preferred).
- Manufacturing: 2 year (Preferred).
- Regular attendance is an essential function of the job.
- Performing duties outside the normally scheduled work hours occasionally occurs and is required.
- Due to the open environment of the warehouse, must be able to work in various weather and temperature conditions to include extreme heat, humidity and cold.
- The noise level that is typical for this work environment can be loud.
- May be required to stand for long periods of time.
- May involve some repetitive motions.
- Utilize power tools and various equipment as needed to perform duties.
- Manual and physical dexterity needed to perform duties of the position.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds.
- Maintain the production pace of the other team members.
- Will engage in frequent bending, stooping, squatting, pushing and pulling of furniture.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by team member assigned to this classification. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by team member assigned to this classification.
Team members enjoy access to career training and advancement opportunities, and are rewarded with competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package, which includes:
- Paid time off including vacation days, sick days and holidays
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- Disability benefits
- Stock Purchase Plan
- Team Member purchase discounts
As a potential Woodhaven team member, you will share our purpose and passion for making a real difference in the lives of others and the rewards that come from creating strong personal connections for life. You will be a contributing team member in an environment that embraces challenge and has a strong drive to achieve. We like to set the bar high, roll up our sleeves and work together to out-perform the competition. You will have an opportunity to work for a company that prides itself on recognizing and rewarding top performers.
Woodhaven is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment, celebrates our team members’ differences, and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, pregnancy, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, military duty, gender expression, genetic information, or any other protected class.
Woodhaven is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Job Family WV
- Job Function Woodhaven
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Equipment Order
- WH Upholstery - Cairo Plants, 611 20Th Street Se, Cairo , Georgia, United States of America